Why attend INDABA?
- Its Africa’s top travel and tourism exhibition in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Keep abreast global trends and new developments within the tourism and travel
- Meet industry stakeholders and decision makers face to face
- Conduct business with new and existing clients.
- Gain competitive advantage with a view to becoming market leaders.
- Meet with over 1200 exhibitors from a diverse range of destinations and industry
- Opportunity to network with key decision makers and stakeholders on an exciting
and informative platform.
Not only can you meet and network with the industry's key role players and decision-makers,
but also consider all your South African leisure tourism options and negotiate the
best deals on these products, all in one place.
Information & Criteria
Buyer categories are divided into International Buyer or Local Buyer dependent
on where you are based.
and International Buyers will be
allowed to attend on three days. The organisers reserve the right to request additional supporting information
regarding company profile before approval. The organisers also reserve the right to decline the application
should the information supplied not fit the criteria.
INDABA 2015 will take place from 9 -
11 May 2015
at the Inkosi Albert Luthuli Convention Centre (previously Durban ICC). Please check
your confirmation from the website to establish your attendance dates. Local Trade will attend all three days of
the show, 9 - 11 May 2015.
Entrance Fee (all prices include VAT)
- Pre-Registered International Buyer: Free
- International Buyers registering at the show:
- Local Buyers attending on all three days:
- Local Trade attending all three days:
- A buyer representing a Travel & Tourism Company based in South Africa which operates internationally
- A buyer representing a Travel & Tourism Company based in South Africa which only operates locally
You are required to complete one application per person.
Buyer Validation Requirement
South African Tourism and the Organisers reserve the right to request additional
information before application approval.
Please note that you will only be allowed to attend the days which you have been
approved to attend. Any travel, accommodation and business meeting arrangements
should be made only after the delegate has received confirmation or approval from
the organisers regarding their attendance.
Please be advised
that if arrangements are made outside the dates you have been approved
to attend, the organisers will not be held responsible (Flights and accommodation
costs) and all meetings outside the dates you have been approved for, will thus
need to be conducted off the venue.
Only six representatives from each company will be allowed to attend
INDABA. Each application must be completed by each
person attending INDABA.
* No group applications will be accepted, all
buyers are requested to complete
individual application forms
So you thinking about coming to Durban for INDABA, but you need a few pointers to
lend a helping hand. Here are a few valuable tips (by those in the know):
- Make accommodation and car-hire bookings as soon as you can. There are a number
of accommodation options in Durban and surrounding areas including boutique hotels,
self-catering apartments, city hotels and even residential homes to hire, but you
need to move swiftly.
- Start setting up your appointments and making contacts as soon as the relevant details
- Ensure you have sufficient business cards for those many meetings.
- Keep scouring this website for details of events and happenings; you really need
to keep in the know.
- Remember comfy clothing, and comfortable shoes and of course your bathing costume
and beach hat for those extra sunny days in Durban.
- Don’t forget to choose a tour from the pre & post tours available on the website
while you are at INDABA and explore the surrounding areas (if you have the time).
INDABA Club Members
An INDABA Club Member is an International Delegate from the Travel and Trade Industry who has
attended INDABA in the last two years consecutively.
As an INDABA Club Member you will have access to the INDABA Club Lounge exclusively designed
for your business and leisure comfort with a complimentary tea/coffee and juice bar at your disposal.
An outdoor patio is available with comfortable furniture to relax and unwind and